An explosion and fire, apparently caused by a gas leak, ripped through a three-story motel Sunday morning and killed at least four people. Some guests escaped by jumping out of windows, authorities said.
At least 10 people were injured and one woman was missing and feared trapped in the rubble. Officials said that at the time of the blast, utility crews were on the way to the motel to deal with a reported leak from a natural gas line.
The blast blew out the front of the 62-unit Super 8 Motel and hurled debris as far as 300 feet, Fire Chief Gary Hawbaker said.