Two explosions at a house in a remote area of Camarillo on Monday caused extensive damage to the house and minor damage to an adjacent mobile home, fire officials said.
Residents Marjorie and Mario Martinez were inside the house when they heard two blasts and discovered flames at the back of the house. Fire officials believe that the fire may have been caused by a propane tank explosion.
Firefighters were hampered in fighting the blaze because of winds of 20 m.p.h. and a lack of water on the property. Water had to be brought in by truck.
There was no estimate of damage, but fire officials said there were many 17th- and 18th-Century antiques inside the house. Also on the property was a 1965 Buick, which had recently been restored. The car was destroyed.