For dedicated gardeners, here are suggestions from the California Assn. of Nurserymen on what to do in the garden this week:
* Keep bougainvillea vines on the dry side during their blooming season to insure the brightest colored bracts.
* Hydrangeas in tubs on a shaded patio or under a lath will add a large splash of color with their enormous blooms.
* Feed citrus and avocados monthly during the growing season.
* Treat Walnut husk fly with applications of Malathion and spreader sticker.
* Fill containers with colorful blooming annuals and set them throughout the outdoor living areas--on decks, by front doors, on porches and balconies.