For dedicated gardeners, here are suggestions...
For dedicated gardeners, here are suggestions from the California Assn. of Nurserymen on what to do in the garden this week:
* Divide crowded clumps of Shasta daisies now for better flower size next summer.
* If your azaleas have set their buds switch to 0-10-10 fertilizer to promote bigger flowers in the spring. Using a high nitrogen fertilizer will cause the azaleas to drop their flower buds and keep on growing.
* Support chrysanthemums by staking. The fuller they become the greater the possibility they may break.
* Keep baiting slugs and snails especially once you’ve set out new seedlings.
* Water Japanese Iris thoroughly before and during the blooming season to promote a spectacular bloom.