Tony Morand has been appointed controller for Western State University College of Law in Fullerton. He was previously senior auditor in charge of the college's business and financial aid audits at the firm of Ericson, Carpenter & Co. Morand has also been senior staff accountant at Spicer & Oppenheimer and controller at AJM Building Products.
* Judy B. Winston has been promoted to vice president and SBA loan officer at Orange National Bank. She joined the bank in 1991 as assistant vice president and loan officer in the SBA loan department.
* Sergio Alfonso has been named vice president and commercial loan officer in National Bank of Southern California's Newport Beach regional office. He has been with the bank since 1989. Before that, Alfonso was a credit analyst with Pacific Inland Bank.
* Daniel L. Frank has been appointed chief executive of Western Medical Center-Santa Ana. He also retains his position as chief executive of Western Medical Center-Anaheim, a position he has held since 1993. Frank's previous positions include president of Summit Ambulatory Network Inc., chief executive of Community Hospital of Phoenix and chief executive of Mission Bay Hospital.
* Nancy A. Decker has joined Mellon Private Asset Management in Newport Beach as vice president and senior trust officer. She previously was senior trust officer and team leader for Bank of America, and spent 10 years with Security Pacific in the Century City, Newport Beach and Laguna Hills offices.
* Mark Vaughan has been appointed Western regional director of sales for Triad Medical Inc., a Laguna Hills medical products and pharmacy services company. Before joining the company, he was with Graphic Controls, a medical disposables company. Vaughan has also held executive sales positions with American Hospital Supply Corp., Burron, Sandoz Nutrition, Omnitec Medical and ICU Medical.
* Michael Ace has been promoted to vice president-merchandising for HomeBase, a home improvement warehouse chain headquartered in Irvine. He will oversee the seasonal, garden, nursery and housewares-storage categories. Ace joined HomeBase in 1991 as paint buyer and has been seasonal buyer for the past six months.
* Bruce C. Bearer Jr. has been promoted to vice president, senior marketing director for the Southern California region of the Commercial Property Services division of Sares-Regis Group, an Irvine developer and manager of commercial space and apartments. Bearer, who joined the company in 1993, was previously senior marketing director, portfolio manager.
* Daniel E. Ferrari has been selected vice president, sales, for International Food and Beverage Inc., a Rancho Santa Margarita manufacturer of pizzas and pizza components. Before joining the company, Ferrari was district sales manager for Kraft USA products in the Southern California market area. Before that, he was director of sales for Kraft's Western Dairy Group.
* David K. Christensen has joined Dwyer-Curlett & Co. as a vice president and loan officer in the Newport Beach office, handling commercial loan production. He was formerly a senior investment officer with Pacific Southwest Mortgage's Orange County office.
* Mark Fritz has been appointed to the newly created position of national service manager for the Information Technologies Group of Mitsubishi Electronics America Inc. in Cypress. In addition to directing activities at the National Service Center in Rancho Dominguez, Fritz will oversee a new national parts distribution system as well as develop expanded certification and training programs for the group's network of more than 250 service centers. Fritz has previously held national and international service management positions at Toshiba America Information Systems, Western Digital, Xerox Corp. and other technology companies.