COMPANY TOWN : Savoy Pictures Names Stanley Brooks to Head Its Television Production Division
Producer Stanley M. Brooks will head Savoy Pictures Television, making him responsible for the entire television production division.
Brooks joins Savoy from Once Upon a Time Films Ltd., a production company he founded.
He will report to Savoy Pictures President Robert N. Fried. Former NBC executive Steve Friedman, who is developing programs for Savoy, will report to Brooks. The division plans to develop and produce TV programs for network and cable television.
* Cox/Times Mirror Management Services Co. has named 21-year cable industry veteran E. Roger Williams to the posts of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
He will also hold the same positions for CTM Networks’ recently announced Outdoor Life and Speedvision cable services. Williams most recently was president of the Travel Channel in Atlanta.
Separately, Nickolas Rhodes was named senior vice president of business development.
* Hank Shocklee and David Harleston have been named senior vice presidents and co-heads of MCA Records’ black music division.
* Rick Shoemaker has been appointed president of Warner/Chappell Music.
* Virgin Music Group Worldwide announced a significant reorganization in its management structure. Nancy Berry, executive vice president, will also be responsible for the International Marketing Group. Graham Ball has been appointed international marketing director, based in London, and will report to Berry. Ian Hansen will head all commercial and business affairs functions of the international division, and Caroline True becomes creative manager for Virgin Music Worldwide.
* Time Warner Interactive Inc. named Dan Van Elderen president and chief operating officer for worldwide operations of its coin-operated arcade division, formerly Atari Games, and its consumer games group, formerly Tengen.
* Bill Allen, president of MTM Television, has announced his resignation after nine years with the company.
* Karen Colamussi was promoted to senior vice president of Atlantic Records, a division of Warner Music Group. She will oversee marketing, advertising, merchandising and tour development departments.
* Paddy Reynolds, a former independent marketing consultant for Trimark Pictures, Trimark International and Trimark Interactive, has been appointed to head the newly created entertainment boutique at Weston/Mason & Associates.
* Paramount Television Group has named Al Rush, former chairman of the MCA Television Group, executive of special projects.
* Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer promoted Deborah Snyder to executive vice president of distribution and information services.
* Gary Robinson has joined Solomon International Enterprises as vice president of business and legal affairs.
* Chrysalis Music Group has promoted Cliff Cantor to director of artists and repertoire.
* Roger Richman Agency Inc., a celebrity licensing agency, has appointed Richard Meyers director of marketing.
* Jan Nash has been promoted to vice president of current programs at Walt Disney Television.
* Walt Disney-owned Hollywood Pictures has promoted Mike Stenson to senior vice president of production.
* SW Networks in New York named Carol Cruickshank to the newly created position of director of affiliate services.
* 52nd Street Digital announced the appointment of Bruce Hollihan as production manager.