Steven F. Hallsey has been appointed president of property management for Western National Group, an Orange-based property management and development company. He is responsible for the day-to-day management of more than 26,000 apartment properties in Southern California and for overseeing the operations of RGS, a maintenance services company. Hallsey was previously president of Harbor Group Real Estate Co. in Norfolk, Va. He has also held senior management positions with Allegiance Realty Group in Atlanta, Balcor Property Management in Chicago and Clark Financial Corp. in Salt Lake City.
* Fiona Williams has been made a partner of the accounting, tax and consulting firm of Deloitte & Touche LLP in Costa Mesa. She is a member of the firm’s information technology consulting practice.
* Dennis Galloway has been appointed president and chief executive of Dial One Inc., an Orange franchising organization of independently owned contractors for residential and commercial properties. He was a co-founder of the Prudential Real Estate Affiliates and Coldwell Banker Residential Affiliates.
* Charles M. Spear has joined the board of directors of American Health Services Corp. in Newport Beach. Spear is chief financial officer for Smith Micro Software Inc. in Aliso Viejo.
* Richard Bridgford has joined the board of directors of the Food Distribution Center, an Orange-based nonprofit food bank. Bridgford is a lawyer specializing in civil litigation and real estate transactions.
* Marc Liebesman has been appointed senior vice president and general manager of CIE America Inc. in Tustin, a supplier of computer peripherals and part of the electronics division of Itochu Corp. Liebesman has been a member of senior management in several Itochu Corp. electronics companies based in the United States for more than 10 years, including C.Itoh Digital Products, C.Itoh Electronics and C-Tech. Before joining Itochu Corp., Liebesman held executive level positions at Orange Micro Inc. and Epson America Inc.
* Kathy Herold has been appointed human resources director for Simple Technology Inc., a manufacturer of computer products. Herold joins the company after 14 years at Unisys Corp.
* Scott P. Mays has been named to the newly created position of vice president of operations for STM Wireless Inc., an Irvine manufacturer of wireless communications products. He will be responsible for the direction and management of the company’s manufacturing, quality control, and procurement activities. Before joining STM, Mays was vice president of manufacturing for Scientific Atlanta, vice president and general manager of E-Systems in St. Petersburg, Fla., and vice president and director of operations of ITT Corp.
* John Ariatti has been appointed vice president of marketing for Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc. in Tustin. He rejoins the company after four years with Elscint Inc./Otsuka Electronics. * David J. Schramm has been appointed president of Packard Hughes Interconnect in Irvine. He succeeds Carl G. Rausch, who was named director of Delphi Packard International, Asia Pacific. Schramm was most recently managing director for Delphi Packard Electric’s operations in Ireland and the United Kingdom. He began his career with Delphi Packard Electric, formerly Packard Electric, in 1971.
* Dave Weigel has been appointed vice president of real estate for HomeBase, an Irvine-based home improvement warehouse chain. He will oversee new site development, design and construction, store remodeling, disposition of surplus properties and property management for the 78-store chain. Before joining HomeBase, he owned and operated a commercial real estate brokerage in Huntington Beach, and was with Lucky Stores Inc. for seven years, where he last held the position of vice president of real estate.
* Todd Cooley has opened Cooley & Co., a public relations firm in Newport Beach. He was formerly senior vice president with Maples & Associates, a high-technology marketing firm. Cooley has also been with Fleishman-Hillard, Berkhemer & Kline and Rogers & Associates.