COMPANY TOWN : Mercury to Name West Coast Manager
Allison Hamamura is about to be named general manager of Mercury Records on the West Coast. Hamamura’s appointment signals the first move by new Mercury President Danny Goldberg to beef up the anemic New York label’s presence in Hollywood. Hamamura, 30, is currently the West Coast vice president of contemporary music at William Morris Agency, where she worked closely with such recording artists as Paul Westerberg and Beck and helped orchestrate the successful Lollapalooza tour.
* Christina Kounelias was promoted to senior vice president of marketing for New Line Cinema.
* John Hegeman has been promoted to senior vice president, marketing and distribution, for MGM/UA Distribution Co.
* Robert DeBitetto has been named senior vice president of Turner Pictures Group. Mark Workman was named vice president of integrated marketing for Turner Home Entertainment.
* Steve Hayman is leaving his job as president of marketing at Savoy Pictures Entertainment to join Seiniger Advertising Group as chief operating officer and general manager.
* Hope W. Neiman has been named vice president of marketing for Disney Interactive’s Entertainment group.
* John Covas has been promoted to senior vice president of information services for Walt Disney Pictures & Television.
* Jim Yeager was appointed senior vice president, publicity and public relations, for Universal Studios Hollywood and MCA Recreation Services Group.