Wandering Around Americas
Trieloff Tours, which has packaged trips designed for senior travelers for 15 years, has released details of its 1996 tours. All prices quoted below are per person based on double or triple occupancy and include an escort and a travel bag. For brochures, call Trieloff Tours at (800) 432-7125.
* Mardi Gras in New Orleans: five days departing Feb. 17. Trip includes round-trip air fare, first-class hotel, a get-acquainted dinner, reserved seats at the Mardi Gras Rex parade, a city tour of New Orleans and airport transfers in New Orleans. Price: $1,199 per person, single supplement $400.
* Mexico’s Copper Canyon: Eight days with a choice of two departure dates, March 19 or Oct. 25. Fly to Los Mochis on the Sea of Cortez. Activities include a morning cruise and city tour, then a ride aboard the Chihuahua al Pacifico train for the journey through the Sierra Madre Mountains. Included are visits to the cities of Creel and Chihuahua, the Cusarare Mission, and other sites and activities. Tour includes seven nights’ hotel, first-class train tickets, 13 meals, all transfers and sightseeing. Cost: $1,399 per person; single add $250.
* The beautiful Blossom Trail, a short two-night, three-day motor-coach tour into Sequoia National Park, Bakersfield and Merced for impressive views of wildflowers and giant redwoods, the Sun Maid raisin factory, and other historic towns and sites. Price (includes six meals and coach transportation): $349 per person; single add $70. Departures Feb. 22, 25, 29 and March 3 and 6.
* Springtime Tulip Tour: 12 days departing May 11. An extensive but leisurely trip that includes tours of Chicago and Madison, Wisc., and in Michigan, visits to Mackinac Island and the tulip fields in Holland. Includes first-class or deluxe hotels, round-trip air fare to Chicago, seven dinners, eight breakfasts, carriage and boat rides, museums and more. Price: $1,599 per person, single add $500.
* High Sierra Scenic Tour, four days departing July 24 or Aug. 14. California’s famous attractions, including Mammoth and Mammoth Lakes, Merced, Mono Lake, Yosemite and Sequoia national parks, Mt. Whitney, June Loop, Inyo National Forest and more. Three dinners, one breakfast included. Price: $399 per person; single add #$120.
* The Pacific Northwest: 10 days, choice of two departures, Aug. 4 and 11. The tour includes stops in Portland, Grants Pass, Coos Bay, Lincoln City and Bend, all in Oregon, and in Washington state: cities of Seattle and Aberdeen, Mt. St. Helens, Crater Lake and Rogue River.Includes round-trip air and first-class hotels. Price: $1,399 per person; single add $400.