Joe Kennedy has been appointed vice president, business development, for Irvine-based Fluor Daniel Inc.'s PharmBio & Chemicals operating company. He will have global responsibility for sales and marketing activities for the operating company. Kennedy has been with Fluor Daniel for more than 22 years. Fluor Daniel is the principal subsidiary of Fluor Corp.
* Richard W. Ormond has joined Procom Technology Inc., an Irvine manufacturer of data storage devices, as vice president of marketing. Ormond previously spent five years as a principal of Regis McKenna Inc. in Palo Alto and before that was vice president of a company acquired by Maxtor of San Jose, a manufacturer of mass storage products for computers. In addition, James L. Novy has been named director of marketing. His experience includes director of marketing at Viking Components in Laguna Hills; channel programs manager for Standard Microsystems Corp. in Irvine; and director of reseller marketing for Ingram Micro Inc.
* Richard A. Kain has been appointed to the newly created position of senior vice president-North American operations for Aurora Electronics Inc., an Irvine provider of computer spare parts support and electronics recycling services necessary. Prior to joining Aurora, Kain held senior management positions in operations and quality control at several technology companies, including MSI Data Inc. and Symbol Technologies Inc.
* Melford J. Placilla III has joined Robert Bein, William Frost & Associates in Irvine as vice president of transportation engineering. He has more than 24 years of transportation experience, including 15 years in the management of transportation and public works engineering and construction projects.
* Daniel S. Naddor has been appointed director of multifamily acquisitions for CT Realty Corp., a Newport Beach real estate investment company. He was formerly senior vice president at Lee & Associates' Newport Beach office. Before that, Naddor was senior investment advisor for both Scher-Voit Commercial in Irvine and Security Pacific Frost Trinen in Costa Mesa.
* Cory Larson has been named client service manager for JMB Financial Managers Inc. in Irvine. She has run the operations department since early this year.
* Norman R. Huffaker has joined GMS Dental Group Inc., a Yorba Linda manager of dental group practices, as chief financial officer. Before joining GMS, Huffaker was vice president of finance for SmileCare Dental Group, a dental-services and dental HMO company in Irvine. From 1986 to 1992, Huffaker was senior vice president of finance for Abbey/Foster, now Apria Healthcare.
* Chuck McBride has been appointed chief operating officer at Unplugged Communications Inc., a wireless-equipment distributor. He will remain in his current position as senior vice president and chief financial officer at Emulex Corp., a Costa Mesa maker of network-access products, until the end of the year. Michael J. Rockenbach, Emulex vice president of finance, will be acting financial chief during the search for a replacement.