Irvine Firm Names Vice President
* Larry C. Mount has been named vice president and general counsel of Edison Capital in Irvine, the capital and financial services subsidiary of Edison International. He had been senior counsel and corporate secretary for the company. Mount will continue as corporate secretary and oversee all of the firm’s legal matters, which include providing counsel on business activities and directing the work of law firms representing the company. Before joining Edison Capital in 1995, Mount was a partner with a Pasadena law firm and was an attorney at Southern California Edison.
* Thierry Gourdon has been appointed vice president of Santa Ana-based New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc.'s first European headquarters office in Paris. Gourdon was previously managing director for McKinley Europe. He also served as managing director of Softbank Exposition & Conference France and has been chairman and chief executive of Learning Tree International France.
* Patrick Lash has joined ARV Assisted Living Inc. in Costa Mesa as vice president and controller. He will be responsible for overseeing the operations of corporate, acquisition and development accounting. Prior to joining ARV, Lash served as chief financial officer for Tri-City Medical Center.
* Philip S. Gutierrez has been elected president of Cotkin & Collins, a law firm specializing in civil litigation. He has served as managing shareholder of the Santa Ana office since 1993. Gutierrez will now be responsible for overseeing all operations in both the Orange County and Los Angeles offices.
* Ann Harrison has been named media public relations director at A Better Way of Learning, an educational products company in Costa Mesa. She was formerly program director for radio station KBRT.