Pint-Sized Punch Lines
* Why did the elephant wear tennies? Because elevenies were too big and nine-ies were too small. (Alexander James Gronbach, 7, Hermosa Beach, Hermosa View School)
* What kind of ball do chickens use to play soccer? A fowl ball. (Sarah Marquez, 10, North Hollywood, Colfax School)
* A mushroom went to a dance and asked a girl to dance with him. The girl said, “I can’t dance with you. You’re a mushroom.” The mushroom replied, “Come on, I’m a fungi.” (John Mendenhall, 8, Hemet, Baptist Christian School).
* What did one lamp say to another lamp? “You turn me on.” (Shyam Brahmbhatt, 11, San Clemente, Concordia Elementary)
* Why did the boy stand on his tippy-toes? Because he wanted to be a foot taller. (Samantha Tebo, 7, Oxnard, Emilie Ritchen School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.