Pint-Sized Punch Lines
* Why did the girl tiptoe past the medicine cabinet? She didn’t want to wake up the sleeping pills. (Paul Herzlich, 9, Los Angeles, Mirman School)
* What’s the best way to catch a fish? Have someone throw it to you. (Erlinda Castaneda, 8, Temecula, Temecula Elementary)
* Where did the baseball catcher sit down for dinner? Behind the plate. (Brittany Herman, 10, Santa Clarita, Valley View Elementary)
* What washes up on really small beaches? Microwaves. (Nicholas He, 10, South El Monte, Dean L. Shively School)
* What did the little girl bear wear in her hair? A bear-ette. (Bailey Marie Metoyer, 8, Yorba Linda, Fairmont Elementary)
* What is the dirtiest animal in the zoo? A hippopota-mess. (Lydia Kay, 7, La Canada Flintridge, the Learning Castle)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.