What is a sheep’s least favorite sport? Baaadmutton. (Lindsay Apatow, 8, West Los Angeles, Overland Avenue Elementary)
* Why doesn’t an elephant get paid? Because he works for peanuts. (Briana Ponce DeLeon, 7, Rancho Palos Verdes, Mary Star of the Sea Elementary)
* If you are at a birthday party and you can tell what color your plate is, what’s wrong? You don’t have enough cake and ice cream. (Carly Shultz, 8, Redondo Beach, Carden School)
* What goes “meow meow” all day long? A tape recording of a cat. (Aliza Margolin Zangwill, 7, Oakland, Joaquin Miller Elementary)
* How did the baby cactus learn to howl like a coyote? It hugged its mother. (Olivia Courtney Forman, 5, Los Angeles, Westside Jewish Community Center Kindergarten)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.