Pint-Sized Punch Lines
What do George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Christopher Columbus all have in common? They were born on holidays. (Sharon Shogren, 10, Yucaipa, Wildwood Elementary)
* Why was the astronaut unable to get employment? Because he would only take up space. (Thomas Ballin, 9, Pico Rivera, Palm View Christian School)
* What do you call a whale in “Star Wars”? Moby Wan Kenobi. (Steve Calderon, 8, Redlands, Crafton Elementary)
* Where does Superman get his food? At the supermarket. (Alex Houston, 6, Santa Monica, Westchester Lutheran Elementary)
* Why did the boy throw peanut butter in the ocean? To go with the jellyfish. (Ruben Olague, 10, San Bernardino, Fairfax Elementary)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we’ve published before. And please be patient.