* How do you change melons to lemons? Switch the "m" and the "l." (Shaunty Rashidi, 9, San Juan Capistrano, Ambuehl Elementary)
* What do you say when your dog runs away? "Doggone." (Craig Wong, 9, Westchester, Kentwood Elementary)
* What is a duck's favorite ballerina show? "The Nutquacker." (Tuyen Nguyen, 10, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* What did one mountain say to the other after the earthquake? "Don't look at me. It wasn't my fault." (Emily Enos, 9, Laguna Niguel, Hidden Hills Elementary)
* Why does Darth Vader always wear black? Because he's from the dark side. (Lily Bryant, 6, Altadena, Walden School)
* What do rock musicians use when they get hurt? Band-Aids. (Liliana Rodriguez, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.