* Why did the number 51 go to Hawaii? To see its brother, Hawaii 5-0. (Olivia Courtney Forman, 5, Los Angeles, Westside Jewish Community Center Kindergarten)
* What do cats say when they want to go outside? "Me out." (Hilary Stein, 9, Woodland Hills, Calabash Street School)
* Why did the peanut cross the road? To get to the Shell station on the other side. (Jeffery Shockey, 13, Norwalk, Waite Middle School)
* Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? He was a lazy bones. (Philip DiGialomo, 9, Los Angeles, Wildwood School)
* What actor lives in a swamp? Jerry Slimefeld. (Lily Grewal, 13, Beverly Hills, Horace Mann School)
* Why does a turtle have a short neck? Because it's not a giraffe. (Christopher Kochiyama, 4, Temple City, not in school yet)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.