How do billboards talk to each other? Sign language. (Matthew Wiser, 11, Van Nuys, St. Charles Borromeo School)
* What do you call a vampire's bad dream? A bitemare. (Dana Harris, 9, Brentwood, St. Matthew's Parish School)
* Why is R always invited to parties? It makes fiends into friends. (Heather Lang, 9, Whitehouse, Texas, H.L. Higgins Intermediate School)
* Why didn't the fly land on the computer? It was afraid of getting stuck on the World Wide Web. (Michael Ballin, 7, Pico Rivera, Palm View Christian School)
* What has a long range but isn't a weapon? A mountain range. (Ricky Kern, 7, Reno, Roy E. Gumm School)
* Why did the officer put his car in reverse? Because he needed backup. (Toan Nguyen, 11, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.