* Why couldn't the alien and the human being see things eye to eye? Because the alien had five eyes. (Ryan Kenneth Daniels, 5, Topanga, Our Lady of Malibu)
* How do you know you have a slow dog? When he brings in yesterday's paper. (James Lewis, 6, Los Angeles, Open Charter School)
* Why do mother kangaroos hate rainy days? Because the children have to play inside. (Christopher Orea, 8, Culver City, Stoner Avenue Elementary)
* Why shouldn't you trust the ocean? There's something fishy about it. (Jennifer M. Gaunt, 6, Chino Hills, Los Serranos Elementary)
* Why are there so many Andersons in the phone book? They all have phones. (Laura Ouellette, 7, Denver, St. Francis de Sales School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.