* St. Rose of Lima Church will hold its annual Christmas boutique from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today in the parish hall, 1325 Royal Ave., Simi Valley. Handcrafted gifts, Christmas ornaments and religious items will be available for purchase. There also will be a “Kid’s Boutique” with gifts for children. Proceeds will benefit the church school. Free admission. Information: 526-5304.
Christian School to Host Dinner, Auction
* Ventura County Christian High School will host its annual silent auction and dinner benefit Tuesday at O’Briens on Main, 394 E. Main St., Ventura. An auction preview and bidding will begin at 5:30 p.m. with dinner at 6 p.m. The program, which will end at 9:30 p.m., will also include live music. Proceeds will go toward curriculum and facility development at the school. $25 advance, $30 at the door. Information: 641-0187.
Comedy Show for Domestic Violence Group
* The Therapy Sisters, the comedy-musical duo of Lisa Rogers and Maurine McLean, will present a benefit concert at 7 p.m. Wednesday at All Saints Episcopal Church, 144 South C St., Oxnard. The performance will include sing-alongs, affirmations and comedy. $10, with proceeds to benefit the Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence. Information: 654-8141.
Temple Preschool to Sponsor Boutique
* Temple Etz Chaim preschool will sponsor the Nosh and Shop Hanukkah Boutique from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at 1080 Janss Road, Thousand Oaks. Proceeds from vendor sales will go toward the purchase of playground equipment. Free admission. Information: 497-6852.
Simi Youth Club Prepares for Dinner
* The Boys & Girls Club of Simi Valley will host its annual family dinner at 6 p.m. Thursday at 2850 Lemon Drive, Simi Valley. Club members will plan, prepare and serve the meal and will provide the evening’s entertainment. $3. Information: 527-4437.
Rio School District to Host Boutique
* The Rio School District will host a holiday boutique from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Rio del Valle Junior High School, 3100 Rose Ave., Oxnard. Proceeds will go toward the district’s annual Awards of Excellence presentation for the students. $40 for a vendor table; free admission. Information: 485-3111, Ext. 100 or 485-1442.
Home Tour to Benefit Music Festival
The Spanish-style home of actor Peter Strauss and the turn-of-the century house of Edward Drummond Libbey will be among the four homes open to the public as part of the Ojai Holiday Home Look-In from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 22. The tour is a benefit for the Ojai Music Festival. $20 advance; $25 on tour day. Tickets: 646-2094.
Assistance League Holds ‘Holiday Affaire’
* The Assistance League of Ventura County will host its “Holiday Affaire” dinner and silent auction Nov. 22 at the Doubletree Hotel, 2055 E. Harbor Blvd., Ventura. The auction will begin at 5 p.m., with dinner at 7 p.m. Auction items will include tickets to sporting events, travel packages and gourmet meals. Proceeds will benefit Operation School Bell, a program that provides school clothes to disadvantaged children in Ventura and Oxnard. $60. Information: 643-2458.
Hanukkah Boutique for Temple Beth Torah
* Temple Beth Torah will host its annual Hanukkah Boutique from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 22 at 7620 Foothill Road, Ventura. Crafts, books and Hanukkah items will be among the goods available for purchase. Proceeds will benefit Women of Reform Judaism. Free admission. Information: 647-4181.
Charity Golf Tournament to Help Hospital
* Simi Valley Hospital & Health Care Services will host its annual Thanksgiving Charity Golf Classic Nov. 23 at the Wood Ranch Golf Club, 301 Wood Ranch Parkway, Simi Valley. A continental breakfast will be served at 7 a.m. with tee-off at 9 a.m. A buffet dinner will follow the tournament at 4 p.m. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of a laser for the hospital’s surgery department. $250. Information: 527-2462, Ext. 7214.
Ojai Arts Center Plans Crafts Fair
* Entries are being accepted for the 24th annual Christmas crafts fair Nov. 28 and 29 at the Ojai Center for the Arts, 113 S. Montgomery St. $75 for a 10-by-6-foot exhibit booth for both days. Proceeds will benefit the center. Information: 646-0117.
Holiday Homes Tour to Aid Wellness Group
* The Wellness Community Valley-Ventura will sponsor its seventh annual Holiday Homes Tour from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 5 and 6. Four decorated homes, in Lynn Ranch, North Ranch, Lake Sherwood and Morrison Ranch will be open to the public. Proceeds will benefit the organization, which provides support and educational programs for cancer patients and their families. $15 advance, $20 at the door. Information: 379-4777.
Toy Drive Seeks Gifts for Children in Need
* The Ventura County Fire Department will sponsor its Spark of Love Toy Drive and holiday safety program from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Camarillo Town Center at Las Posas Road and Ventura Boulevard. The program will include emergency service exhibits, fire safety programs and blood pressure screenings. Donations of unwrapped toys and sporting equipment will be collected for distribution to children through the county’s Public Social Services Agency. Information: 389-9769.
Community Chest, a weekly listing of charitable fund-raising events, is compiled by Leo Smith. Please address items, with a publishable telephone number to Community Chest, Los Angeles Times, 93 S. Chestnut St., Ventura 93001. Items can also be faxed to The Times at 653-7576 or 653-7548.