* Where were you when the lights went out? In the dark. (Wyatt Owens, 4, Ramona, Calif.)
* What is a kitten's favorite color? Purrrple (Brittney Mason, 9, Placentia, Van Buren School)
* Why was the ghost crying? Because he had a boo-boo. (Kelsey Myers, 8, Seal Beach, Weaver School)
* What do you call a skunk that doesn't smell? Out-of-odor. (Emma Zornes, 5, Hillsborough, Hillsborough West School)
* What do pigs put on sores? Oinkment. (Tracy Gilmour, 8, Chatsworth, Germain Street Elementary)
* Why did the dog want to be good? Because he wanted to get a bone-us. (Oisin Barrett, 7, Oceanside, Christa McAuliffe Elementary)
* What is a ghost's favorite lunch? A boo-loney sandwich. (Sherry French, 5, Westminster, Richard Pre-School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. We try to avoid jokes we've published before.