* Specialty Brands Inc. signed a 15-year, $17-million lease for 50,000 square feet of space in Empire Towers III, a 75,000-square-foot office building to begin construction this summer at 4200 Concours Drive in Ontario. Walt Chenoweth, Randy Kuttler and Bill Welch of CB Richard Ellis represented the tenant. The landlord, Lord Baltimore Properties, was represented in-house by Mark Jacobs.
* Rose Diplomat bought a 120-unit apartment complex at 10751 Rose Ave. in West Los Angeles for $5.2 million from Barbara Alice and Ruth Harkness. Dash Chopra of Sperry Van Ness represented the buyer. The sellers were represented by Bill Raffin of Raffin Realty.
* CTG Properties, a Placentia-based import wholesale company, purchased a 72,736-square-foot industrial building at 567 Melrose St. in Placentia for $4.8 million from Burke Real Estate Group of Santa Ana. Troy Williams and Jeff Read of Grubb & Ellis represented the seller. Pat Delaney of Lee & Associates represented the buyer.
* Westwood Financial Corp. of Los Angeles sold Glendale U-Store-It, a 427-unit self-storage facility at 5120 San Fernando Road in Glendale, for $4.1 million to Extra Space Management Inc. of Salt Lake City. Westwood Financial was represented by Joe Dykstra, the company's executive vice president. The buyer was represented by R.K. Kliebenstein of Realty Management.
* Retra Financial bought a 48,865-square-foot office building at 4322 Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles for $2.9 million from DIU Inc. Brad Stone and David Wash of Stone Co. represented the seller. The buyer was represented by Leodis Matthews of Investors Marketing & Realty.
* Familian Corp., a wholesale pipe supply company based in Pomona, signed a nine-year, $2.2-million lease on a 41,440-square-foot industrial building at 11552 Monarch St. in Garden Grove. John Sullivan, Jeff Hirsch and Frank Adler of Lee & Associates represented the landlord, Straub Distributing Co. Troy Williams of Grubb & Ellis represented the tenant.
* Howroyd Family Trust acquired an 18,000-square-foot industrial building at 990 Knox St. in Torrance for $1.8 million from Pacific South Bay Fund. The buyer was represented by David Wash of Stone Co. The seller was represented by Jim Aldrich of Leonard & Ohren.
* Capital Commercial Real Estate signed an eight-year, $1.2-million lease for 8,050 square feet of office space at 4650 Von Karman Ave. in Newport Beach. Eileen Schuler of Schuler Commercial Real Estate represented the landlord, Alma Group. Ernie Johanson of Capital Commercial represented the tenant.