Daily excerpts of crime and emergency reports in Orange County. Some agencies update their logs less frequently than others.
* Ball Road at Gilbert Street: Report of reckless driving at 12:28 a.m. Tuesday.
* Updated incident logs for the last week were unavailable. For information about crime prevention programs in your community, call the Brea Police Department at (714) 990-7625.
* 9th Street: Report of a citizen needing assistance in the 7000 block at 9:08 a.m. March 22.
* Buckingham Drive: A car stereo worth $250 was stolen in the 1100 block sometime Wednesday evening.
* Holder Street: Report of an auto burglary and theft of $240 in clothing in the 9000 block at 5:40 a.m. March 22.
* Selva Road: A robbery alarm in the 34000 block was triggered at 8:10 p.m. March 22.
* Brookhurst Street: A person was arrested on suspicion of drinking alcohol in public in the 18800 block at 8:40 a.m. March 22.
* North Placentia Avenue: Police arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder after he allegedly shot another man during an argument at a restaurant in the 1900 block at 2:53 a.m. Sunday. The victim is in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
* Brookhurst Street at Hazard Avenue: A fire crew responded to a traffic accident in the intersection about noon Sunday. Minor injuries were reported. Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
* Adams Avenue: A woman reportedly hit someone in the face and drove away in the 8000 block at 10:20 a.m. Thursday.
* Via Lucca: A briefcase, Canadian passport, $800 in cash and miscellaneous papers were reported stolen from a 1996 Mazda 626 at 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
* Shadow Lane: A resident reported a skunk caught in an animal trap in the 400 block at 4:54 p.m. Tuesday.
* Oso at Moulton parkways: Deputies investigated an abandoned vehicle at 2:51 p.m. March 22.
* Caswell Court: Report of a hit and run in the 24000 block about 4 p.m. Saturday. A 13-year-old boy was injured; he was treated for a broken pelvis at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center in Mission Viejo. The vehicle involved is a white or gray compact car with a rounded back end. Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Department at (949) 834-7370.
* Ronda Granada: Deputies were called to a disturbance in the 2000 block at 5:15 p.m. March 22.
* West Kenrich Court: Report of a residential burglary in the 2200 block at 2:52 a.m. March 22.
* Ridge Route at Partido Lane: A suspicious vehicle was sighted at 1:02 p.m. Tuesday.
* Cambury Drive: A Motorola cellular phone valued at $200 was reported missing at 4:58 p.m. Tuesday.
* Katella Avenue: A student came into the police station Tuesday to report that he had been hit in the eye by a staple while in class at 1:26 p.m.
* Via Victoria: Report of a traffic accident, injuries unknown, in the 26000 block at 12:34 a.m. March 22.
* Bayside Drive at East Coast Highway: Mamma Gina restaurant was shut down Friday night after a sewage line backed up in the kitchen. The backup sent 75 gallons of raw sewage across the parking lot into lower Newport Bay. The restaurant reopened Saturday. There were no injuries.
* Updated incident logs for the last week were unavailable. For information about crime prevention programs in your neighborhood, call the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7325.
* East Yorba Linda Boulevard: A vehicle burglary was reported in the 900 block at 1:44 a.m. Thursday, but nothing appeared to be stolen.
* Calle Iglesia: Police arrested a man on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and evading police after he threatened a tow yard manager in the 180 block Friday with a knife to release his impounded vehicle, then led police on a two-hour chase to Calabasas.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
* Del Obispo Street: A robbery alarm in the 25000 block was triggered at 9:44 a.m. Tuesday.
* North Bristol Street: Police received a report that a juvenile entered a girl’s residence in the 2800 block through a window and choked her at 3:30 p.m. March 22. The victim wasn’t seriously injured.
* Old Ranch Parkway: A 1994 Mitsubishi Galant was reported stolen at 11:35 a.m. March 22. Police located the vehicle a few hours later on Seal Beach Boulevard. The keys were inside, and the vehicle did not appear to have been tampered with, police said.
* Cerritos Avenue: Report of a robbery with a silent alarm in the 9000 block at 12:12 p.m. Tuesday.
* East 1st Street: Report of a smashed window on a Honda Accord parked in front of a residence in the 1300 block at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday, but nothing was reported missing.
* Villa Park Road at North Hewes Street: Report of a vehicle stop at 11:06 p.m. Tuesday.
* Golden West Street: Two 24-year-old men were arrested at a motel in the 13100 block at 8:01 a.m. Tuesday and taken into custody on outstanding warrants.
* Kentwater Place: Report of a suspicious vehicle in the 5000 block at 10:54 a.m. Tuesday.