Advertisement

Also. . .

* Delphi Automotive Systems Corp., the world’s largest auto parts company, said it will buy a 40% stake in Mexico City-based auto parts company Gabriel de Mexico for $12.4 million. Closely held Grupo Condumex owns the remaining 60% stake. Delphi hopes to diversify its sales beyond parent General Motors Corp. to DaimlerChrysler’s Mexican unit and to Ford Motor Co. assembly plants in Mexico.

*

* US Airways Group Inc. announced a $500-million stock-buyback plan and said its earnings are on track to meet Wall Street’s lowered expectations. The airline said it will carry out the $500-million plan from time to time in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. US Airways also said it expects to meet analysts’ lowered consensus earnings forecasts of 46 cents a share for the first quarter and $5.60 a share for the year.


Advertisement