* Fibroid lecture, led by an interventional radiologist, will focus on uterine artery embolization. Pasadena Central Library, 285 E. Walnut St., Pasadena. 7-9 p.m. Free. Reservations suggested. (626) 397-8550.
* "End of Life Care Concerns," led by a geriatrician and a health educator, will focus on the options for caring for loved ones and explain the durable power of attorney for health care. Glendale Memorial Hospital, 1420 S. Central, Glendale. 12:30-2 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (818) 502-2348.
* The Braille Institute will offer a three-week program for people with fading vision. The classes, held on consecutive Thursdays, will teach participants how to remain independent and how to learn new ways of doing daily tasks. Gardena Retirement Center, 14741 S. Vermont Ave., Gardena. (323) 663-1111, Ext. 1252.
* "The Healthy Back Class," the first in a four-class series, will focus on long-term back care. Offered by Back to Work Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Services, 2755 Alamo St., Suite 100, Simi Valley. $5. 6-7 p.m. Reservations required. (805) 955-8170.
* Depression, eating disorder and anxiety screenings. (First and third Wednesdays.) California Graduate Institute Counseling Center, 4199 Campus Drive, Suite E, Irvine. Daytime and evening appointments available. Free. Reservations required. (949) 737-5462.
* Researchers at Stanford University Medical Center's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences are seeking women from throughout California with breast cancer to participate in a 12-week online support group program facilitated by a Stanford psychologist. A study is investigating the benefits of online breast cancer support groups. The group requires one hour a week. Participants must be women diagnosed with primary breast cancer. Free. (650) 723-2229.
* Self-help groups are offered Monday through Friday for those suffering from substance abuse problems or mental illness. Self Help and Recovery Exchange (SHARE), 5521 Grosvenor Blvd., Marina del Rey. A $2 donation is suggested. (310) 305-8878.
* Ongoing drop-in bereavement groups. Torrance Memorial Medical Center, 3330 Lomita Blvd., Torrance. (Mondays, 6-7:30 p.m. and Thursdays, 3-4:30 p.m.) (310) 784-3754, Ext. 1.
* "Recovering From Loss" support group, conducted in Spanish. Meets once a week. Glendale Adventists Medical Center, 1509 Wilson Terrace, Glendale. 6:30-8 p.m. $25 registration fee for ongoing group. (818) 409-8008.
* Osteoporosis group will include a rheumatologist discussing treatment options. Little Company of Mary Hospital, 4101 Torrance Blvd., Torrance. 7 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (310) 325-7048.
* Take Off Pounds Sensibly is a group that helps people lose weight and maintain weight loss. The group meets once a week. Temple Akiba, 5249 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City. 9:30-11 a.m. (310) 837-5970.
* Dystonia (a neurological movement disorder) group for patients and caregivers. Meets every other month. UC Irvine, Irvine Hall. 3 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (949) 833-8255 or (619) 582-1961.
Send items typed and double-spaced three weeks in advance to Health Watch, Health, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.