Faulty Gas Line Thought to Have Started Fire

From Times Staff and Wire Reports

A faulty gas line was suspected of sparking a fire that gutted a three-bedroom home where eight people lived, including three young children, authorities said Monday.

The blaze broke out about 9 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block of Primrose Drive.

Seven people were home when they heard an explosion in the kitchen and fled.

The cause was under investigation, but authorities say they suspect a gas line near the stove malfunctioned.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
74°