Dominic Ng, the man credited with helping grow East West Bank of San Marino into the third-largest independent commercial bank headquartered in Southern California, was named financial services entrepreneur of the year for Los Angeles by Ernst & Young.
Ng, who is chairman, president and chief executive of the bank, was one of eight entrepreneurs lauded in categories ranging from retailing to real estate at the company's 15th annual awards program.
* Stephen Berman, president, chief operating officer and co-founder of Malibu-based JAKKS Pacific Inc., which makes action figures and other toys.
* Ron Benison, president and CEO of Sega GameWorks in Glendale, who helped to successfully reposition GameWorks to appeal to a broader audience.
* Monty Fu, chairman and CEO of Syncor International of Woodland Hills, a leading provider of radiopharmaceuticals.
* Errol Ginsberg, president and CEO of Calabasas-based Ixia, which makes systems that let customers measure the performance of their data communications equipment and networks.
* Adam Kolawa, CEO and chairman of ParaSoft Corp., in Monrovia, which designs software that helps businesses improve productivity.
* Ann Moorefield, CEO of Los Angeles-based Moorefield Construction.
* Gerald Chamales, chairman of Omni Computer Products in Carson.