Fatal Fire Linked to Gasoline Spill

From Times Wire Reports

Investigators of a blaze that killed three firefighters have found evidence it began when two teenagers accidentally knocked over a can of gasoline, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The investigation into the Father's Day blast at a Queens hardware store is not complete and the exact cause of the fire is not official, a department spokesman said. But he said all the evidence points to the fire being started by the gasoline, knocked over by the graffiti-spraying teenagers, ages 15 and 13, who ended up wrestling, sources said. No charges against the teens are planned.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
60°