The Los Angeles County Community Development Commission will hold eight community meetings to explain how input received last fall helped shape the county's plans to disburse more than $53 million in housing and community development funds for low- and moderate-income areas and people.
Proposed funding activities can include child-care programs, services for senior citizens, home-buyer assistance, homeless services, low-interest business loans, graffiti removal, and street and sewer repairs.
The $53 million comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
* March 18, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Lennox Park Multi-Purpose Room, 10828 S. Condon Ave., Lennox
* March 20, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Bethune Park Multi-Purpose Room, 1244 E. 61st St., Los Angeles
* March 25, 7:30 to 9 p.m., Roosevelt Park Senior Center, Multi-Purpose Room, 7600 Graham Ave., Los Angeles
* March 27, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Steinmetz Park Community Building, 1545 S. Stimson Ave., Hacienda Heights
* April 1, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Sunshine Park Multi-Purpose Room, 515 S. Deepmead Ave., La Puente
* April 3, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Boys and Girls Club of San Fernando Valley, 11251 Glenoaks Blvd., Pacoima
* April 8, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Business Technology Center, Room 140, 2400 N. Lincoln Ave., Altadena
* April 10, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Vista San Gabriel School, Multi-Purpose Room, 18050 E. Avenue O, Palmdale
For more information, call Abbas Zeineddin, (323) 838-7703.