Advertisement

2 Die, 10 Hospitalized From Eating Globefish

From Times Wire Reports

Two people have died and 10 others were hospitalized after eating poisonous globefish in central China’s Shaanxi province, officials said. The fish, also called puffer fish, are not common in Shaanxi, where people were apparently unfamiliar with the strict safety procedures required in preparing the fish, which has toxic ovaries and liver.

Three of the 10 people hospitalized have been discharged and the remaining seven were in stable condition, said a health official. Investigators were still tracing the source of the fish.


Advertisement
Advertisement