2 Workers Seriously Burned in Explosion

From Staff and Wire Reports

Two workers spraying primer on kitchen cabinets suffered serious burns Friday when a water-heater pilot light caused an explosion, authorities said.

One suffered second- and third-degree burns to 60% of his body, and the other suffered first- and second-degree burns to 20% of his body, according to the La Verne Fire Department.

The explosion, which blew out some windows, occurred just before 5 p.m. in a house in the 2700 block of Grove Street.