Advertisement

Gambling Website Faces Crackdown

From the Associated Press

Federal prosecutors said Friday that they would continue to pursue their case against BetOnSports even though the online gambling company was shutting its operations that took bets from U.S. customers.

Separately, the office of U.S. Atty. Catherine Hanaway in St. Louis approved conditions for the release of London-based BetOnSports’ former chief executive, David Carruthers, his attorney said.

The case against BetOnSports is one of the most high-profile prosecutions of online gambling. Last month, Hanaway’s office unveiled a 22-count indictment against the company.

Carruthers was arrested last month in Texas.

Advertisement


Advertisement