Rick Perry does ‘Top Ten’ list on Letterman [Video]
Rick Perry’s self-deprecation tour, which started at dawn Thursday with appearances on most of the planet’s morning shows, culminated with a brief visit to “The Late Show with David Letterman.”
Trying to undo the damage he inflicted on himself on the debate stage Wednesday when he could not remember the third of three federal agencies he has pledged to eliminate, Perry walked out, saluted the audience and presented “Rick Perry’s Top Ten excuses” for his gaffe:
10. Actually, there were three reasons I messed up last night: 1) was the nerves and 2) was the headache and 3) um…uh…oops.
9. I don’t know what you’re talking about – I think things went well.
8. I was up late last night watching “Dancing With the Stars.”
7. I thought the debate was tonight.
6. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude!
5. Uh, El Nino?
4. I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate.
3. I really hoped it would get me on my favorite talk show, but instead, I ended up here.
2. I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.
1. I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.
Perry was played on and off stage to Meat Loaf’s “Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.”