Lindsay Lohan and Egor Tarabasov are done, she says: ‘No woman can be hit and stay with that person’


Lindsay Lohan is learning that love doesn’t always conquer all. After two seemingly violent altercations went public, the former child star is saying she and fiance Egor Tarabasov are done. 

“I realize now you can't stay in a relationship just for love,” she told the Mail on Sunday in an interview she said she did because there have been “so many lies” printed about her recently. “No woman can be hit and stay with that person if that person isn't prepared to say sorry.”

Lohan said she was “not an angel” but had tried to fix things, including by suggesting, unsuccessfully, that they seek counseling. 

“[B]ut there comes a time when I have to put myself first, my family, and also think about my career, which I've worked so hard for,” she continued. “I also don't want to let my fans down by not being the strong woman I have become.”

Lohan, 30, and Tarabasov, 23, met nearly 10 months ago, and he moved in the second night, she told the Mail.

In photos and video that went public via RadarOnline on Friday, the two could be seen physically fighting July 5 after she threw his cellphone from a jeep they were in on the beach in Mykonos, Greece. 

Lohan jumped out of the car and grabbed the phone and he followed, shouting at her to give it back to him. He grabbed her and pulled her arm back until she dropped the device. “Ow! Ow, that hurts,” she yelled. They continued fighting verbally as she got back into the jeep. Still standing on the sand, he then made a phone call. 

In late June, the two were recorded fighting at the home they’ve shared. Lohan sobbed, accused Tarabasov of strangling her and trying to kill her, and told him to get out of her house. She then went on a rant on social media, but later deleted her posts and asked for privacy after the images went public. 

They’d gone out for dinner and dancing that night, she told the Mail. 

"When we got home I went to bed and Egor went out. A few hours later he came back and when I woke up he was standing over me. He wasn't himself, he was being very aggressive and he attacked me."

She said she didn’t call police, but did go to a hotel that night, and later called on a friend to get her out of town. “It's not the first time” something like that happened, she said. “That's the problem. But this time, someone saw.”

Of the Mykonos altercation, she said only this: “Egor drank too much and he went crazy.”

She is, however, still wearing her 4-carat emerald engagement ring. 

Follow Christie D’Zurilla on Twitter @theCDZ


Lindsay Lohan has blowout fight with fiancé Egor Tarabasov; asks for privacy after making things public

Fresh from prison, Cameron Douglas is now a ripped and tatted version of classic Kirk Douglas

Lindsay Lohan will turn 30 in Greece — not in rehab, which is where she turned 21