NBCUniversal confirmed Tuesday that it's making a $200-million investment in Buzzfeed, the news and entertainment site that showcases everything from political scoops to "listicles" about awesome cats.
So in the Buzzfeed spirit, here are five totally incredible reasons why NBC is making the investment, some of which will remind you of your '90s childhood.
Ha, just kidding about the '90s childhood part! But the totally incredible part is true.
1. Buzzfeed can give NBC News some good story ideas.
2. It's maybe time for NBC to move past Matt Lauer.
Matt Lauer must have eaten his Jack Link's Beef Jerky this morning! Feed your wild side with a #HangryMoment! #Sharknado3Posted by Sharknado on Tuesday, July 21, 2015
3. Buzzfeed has mastered Web sharing by giving Facebook users amazing content to pass along to their friends.
4. Buzzfeed has its finger on the pulse of millenials (see, we told you your '90s childhood could come back!).
5. Buzzfeed can now do more tie-ins with NBC shows -- like this one!