18 Black Friday/Cyber Monday super deals on hotels in California, Mexico and the West
Forty is the new 20 when it comes to hotel discounts during Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. This year, many top hotels and resorts are slashing room prices 40% to 50% rather than the more tepid 20% of years past.
The day after Thanksgiving and the following Monday have become the traditional sweet spot for bargain hunters, and hotels are no exception. Shop around and you’re bound to find a deal at your favorite resort.
Here are 18 hotel deals in the West that offer savings that are reason enough to go.
1. The hillside Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa in Sausalito offers a sale that runs Nov. 27-30. Sale prices put rooms at $149 a night weekdays and $199 a night weekends, based on availability. (Room prices online run $249 weekdays and $319 on weekends.)
It comes with a $25 credit toward selected spa treatments. Travel is good through January; blackout dates apply.
Info: Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa, (415) 332-0502
2. The Craftsman-style Lodge at Tiburon near Sausalito sets sale prices at $109 weekdays and $149 weekends, based on availability. Best-available rates start at $179 a night. The sale is on Nov. 27-30; travel stays are good through January.
Info: Lodge at Tiburon, (415) 435-3133
3. Silverado Resort & Spa in Napa’s wine country takes 25% off the hotel’s best-available rate and adds a $50 credit for its Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. It’s on Nov. 27-30, and prices are based on availability. The offer is good for stays from December through March and selected dates April through October.
Info: Silverado Resort & Spa
4. A sale at ocean-side Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel on the Palos Verdes Peninsula is on. You can take 30% off weekend rates and 40% off midweek rates for bookings made through Nov. 30. You’ll need to use the promo code “cybermonday” to get this deal. It’s good for stays through Jan. 7, based on availability.
Info: Terranea Resort, (866) 802-8000
5. La Jolla Cove Suites in La Jolla, the Wayfarer in Santa Barbara and 22 other properties owned by Pacifica Hotels are cutting room prices by 40% on Cyber Monday. Discounted rooms from Half Moon Bay to San Diego start as low as $65 a night, depending on location.
The online offer is good from midnight to 11:59 p.m. local time on Nov. 30 only. It applies to stays through March 11, based on availability. Check out all hotels (including eight in or near Los Angeles) on the company’s website.
6. Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach consistently gets high marks for being a family vacation destination. The beach-side resort with 167 rooms offers rates of $239 a night Sundays through Thursdays and $339 a night Fridays and Saturdays during its sale. The sale runs Nov. 27 and 30, two 24-hour sales. (Best-available rate online shows $279 a night.)
Info: Surf & Sand Resort, (855) 690-7114
7. Mondrian in West Hollywood takes 30% off rooms for Cyber Monday and beyond. The sale is on Nov. 30-Dec. 4, based on availability. You can use this deal right away; it’s good for stays Nov. 30-March 31. To get an idea of the savings, standard room rates start at $289 a night.
Info: Mondrian, (323) 650 8999
8. The Redbury Hollywood at Hollywood and Vine takes half off room prices Nov. 30-Dec. 4. This sale requires a two-night minimum stay and is good for stays Dec. 6-Oct. 14, with no blackout dates. (Best-available room rates now are $289 a night.) Use the promotion code “thanks” when making a reservation.
Info: The Redbury Hollywood, (323) 962-1717
9. Rancho Bernardo Inn has three swimming pools, 287 rooms, a spa and wellness center, all on more than 200 acres. The inn will take half off the best-available rate for those who book Nov. 27 and 30. Sales start at midnight local time for both dates.
Room rates start at $199 a night; with the discount, you can cash in on an affordable luxury stay. Travel dates are good through Jan. 7, based on availability.
Info: Rancho Bernardo Inn, (888) 976-4417
10. Paradise Point Resort & Spa, A Destination Hotel takes 45% off bungalows and 40% off rooms for those who book Nov. 27-30. The offer is good on stays December through April, based on availability. The resort is part of the Destination Hotels chain, which offers similar discounts on 11 properties in California and nationwide.
Info: Destination Hotels
11. Three Hilton resorts in Arizona — Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs and Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak in Phoenix and Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock — will take 30% off best-available room prices. Use the promotion code “pgcyb1" when making a reservation. The sale runs Nov. 30-Dec. 2, based on availability. Check each hotel’s website for the deal’s travel dates. (It varies by location.)
12. JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa in Scottsdale offers rooms at $99 Nov. 27-30. You can stay Dec. 11-Jan. 18 for that price, based on availability. Use the promotion code “444" to get this deal; blackout dates apply. Standard room prices begin at $269 a night, so the savings on this resort are good.
Info: JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, (480) 948-1700
13. Orchards Inn in Sedona slashes prices by 50% on stays of two or more nights for bookings made on Nov. 27 and 30. Best-available rate is $189 a night, which means you can score a two-day getaway for less than $100 a night. You also receive a voucher for 20% off at the 89Agave restaurant.
Info: Orchards Inn, (855) 474-7719
14. SLS Las Vegas is offering half off room rates and a $50 resort credit during what it’s calling a Cyber Week Sale. If you text SLS at 85292, you’ll receive a booking code that allows you to shop the sale starting Nov. 24. Everyone else can grab this deal Nov. 27-Dec. 4 for stays through May 31, based on availability. Some blackout dates apply.
If you find a $59 room (which I did when I checked room rates), you would pay less than $30. The struggling SLS plans to add a 289-room W hotel in what’s now its Lux tower next year.
Info: SLS Las Vegas, (702) 761-7757
15. The Lodge at Vail in the famed ski town underwent a big renovation last year. The historic hotel now offers 40% off room rates for bookings made Nov. 25-Dec. 1. Room prices start at $146 a night plus a $30-a-night resort fee and tax, according to an online check. The offer is based on availability, and some blackout dates apply.
Info: The Lodge at Vail, (888) 328-1005
16. Bavarian-style Austria Haus, a 25-room boutique hotel in Vail, offers the same 40% discount on the same dates (see above).
Info: Austria Haus, (866) 921-4050
17. It’s luxury at a discount at The Resort at Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas. You can get 30% to 40% off rooms and suites for bookings made Nov. 27-Dec. 4, based on availability. Room prices start at $600 a night.
The deal requires a three-night minimum stay on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel dates are June 15-Oct. 15. The offer is based on availability, and blackout dates apply.
Info: The Resort at Pedregal, (52) 624-163-4300.
18. JW Marriott resorts in Cancun, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta are taking a third off their best-available rates for rooms booked Nov. 27-30. The deal requires a two-night minimum stay and is good for travel Dec. 11 through mid-January (depending on location). The discount also applies to six JW Marriott resorts in the Caribbean.
Info: Marriott Black Friday Cyber Monday (the link will be live when the sale begins)
Get The Wild newsletter.
The essential weekly guide to enjoying the outdoors in Southern California. Insider tips on the best of our beaches, trails, parks, deserts, forests and mountains.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.