Forget Park Avenue or Beverly Hills. The most expensive luxury hotel in the United States is a property you may not know: the Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Mont.
In fact, most of the top 10 wallet-busters, including two in California, are far from urban centers and are in the West, according to a survey released Thursday.
Luxury-Hotels.com ranked the most expensive U.S. luxury hotels by checking prices for the most affordable rooms from May 26 through Sept. 1. The all-inclusive Ranch at Rock Creek southeast of Missoula offers guests different types of stays: a lodge and spa, cabins and glamping. It came in tops with an average nightly rate of $2,138.
Second was the Point in Saranac Lake, N.Y., at $2,138.
By comparison, the Ritz-Carlton Central Park, the most expensive luxury hotel in
3. $1,847 a night: Resort at Paws Up in Greenough, Mont.
4. $1,769 a night: Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch in Saratoga, Wyo.
5. $1,620 a night: Amangiri at Canyon Point, Utah
6. $1,581 a night: Twin Farms in Barnard, Vt.
7. $1,454 a night: Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford, Calif.
8. $1,276 a night: Amangani in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
9. $1,273 a night, Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur, Calif.