Advertisement
Share

Chris Brown-Frank Ocean parking lot brawl case to be closed

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.

Officials with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Monday that they plan to close the misdemeanor battery case against singer Chris Brown.

Sheriff’s investigators made the decision after singer Frank Ocean, who was the victim of the alleged fight at a West Hollywood recording studio last week, posted on social media that he was not interested in pressing charges.

‘The alleged victim does not want to move forward, so we are not going to move forward,’ said Sheriff’s Department spokesman Steve Whitmore.

Whitmore said sheriff’s officials will keep a record of the case, but plan to close it without charges.

Advertisement

He added that sheriff’s officials planned to conduct at least one more interview with Ocean before officially closing the case.

The dispute allegedly occurred over a parking space at the recording studio.

Officials said deputies responded to a report of six men fighting at the scene. Witnesses told them that Brown and Ocean were involved in a brawl over a parking spot.

Ocean later tweeted that he ‘got jumped by chris and a couple guys.’

After the brief clash, the parties were separated, officials said, and Brown and his entourage left before deputies arrived.

ALSO:

2 found shot to death in car at Irvine parking garage

Federal investigators en route to site of deadly tour bus crash

Raves: Records show deadly toll of drugs among concertgoers

-- Andrew Blankstein


Advertisement