Zsa Zsa Gabor returns to the hospital two days after coming home to Bel-Air
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
Zsa Zsa Gabor, who came home from the hospital Wednesday, has returned to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, L.A. Now reports.
Husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt called an ambulance to their Bel-Air home on Friday because the actress had complications of an unknown nature, spokesman John Blanchette said.
Constance Francesca Hilton, Gabor’s daughter, had expressed her happiness regarding her mom’s return home Wednesday. ‘It’s been a long ride and I have cherished the time I have had to spend with my mother whose strength and will to live has astonished us all,’ she said through her publicist. Paparazzi managed to get shots that day of the 93-year-old glamour girl in the back of the ambulance.
Gabor, who has been partially paralyzed since a car accident in 2002, and suffered a stroke in 2005, broke her hip July 17 in a fall from her bed. Hip replacement surgery July 19 was deemed a success, but earlier this week, she was dealing with an infection, which Hilton said was being treated with ‘appropriate antibiotics.’
On Friday, Hilton was ‘extremely upset about this and is trying to race over to the hospital,’ her spokesman told the Beverly Hills Courier.
-- Christie D’Zurilla
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Related dispatches from the Ministry of Gossip:
A new Times database puts readers on the sidewalks of Hollywood, using more than a century of archives to track the lives of the stars, including glamor gals like Zsa Zsa Gabor, recent Oscar winners Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock, and recent honorees Dennis Hopper, Russell Crowe and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.