Letterman’s comeback Top 10 list
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
The ‘Late Show’ Top 10 Demands of the Striking Writers (as seen on the show Wednesday night):
10. From ‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,’ Tim Carvell: ‘Complimentary tote bag with next insulting contract offer.’
9. From ‘The Colbert Report,’ Laura Krafft: ‘No rollbacks in health benefits, so I can treat the hypothermia I caught on the picket lines.’
8. Daytime television writer, Melissa Salmons: ‘Full salary and benefits for my imaginary writing partner, Lester.’
7. From ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent,’ Warren Leight: ‘Members of the AMPTP must explain what the hell AMPTP stands for.’
6. From ‘The Colbert Report,’ Jay Katsir: ‘No disciplinary action taken against any writer caught having inappropriate relationship with a copier.’
5. From ‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,’ Steve Bodow: ‘I’d like a date with a woman.’
4. Writer and director, Nora Ephron: ‘Hazard pay for breaking up fights on ‘The View.’’
3. From ‘Law & Order,’ Gina Gionfriddo: ‘I’m no accountant, but instead of us getting 4 cents for a $20 DVD, how about we get $20 for a 4-cent DVD?’
2. From ‘Late Night with Conan O’Brien,’ Chris Albers: ‘I don’t have a joke – I just want to remind everyone that we’re on strike, so none of us are responsible for this lame list.’
1. Thurber Award-winning author, Alan Zwiebel: ‘Producers must immediately remove their heads from their asses.’
Photo courtesy CBS
For the Record: An earlier version of this post incorrectly spelled a writer’s name as Gina Johnfrido. It isGina Gionfriddo.