TNT arrests ‘Law & Order’ rumors
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
TNT has brought the gavel down on “Law & Order.”
Ever since the recent cancellation of the 20-year-old landmark series by NBC, speculation has continued to swirl that a cable network might pick up the drama, which is tied with “Gunsmoke” as the longest-running series in TV history. Most of those rumors have centered on the possible interest of TNT, which last year picked up NBC’s canceled “Southland.”
Dick Wolf, the show’s creator, has said he is interested in keeping the show alive.
But Turner Broadcasting executives said in a statement Tuesday that “Law & Order” is not in their future.
“We are not in current talks, and we are not interested in a Season 21,” the statement said.
Though Turner may not be interested in resurrecting the drama, officials familiar with the situation said the company, which holds rerun rights to the series, must approve any deals involving the future of “Law & Order.”
-- Greg Braxton
Clicking on Green Links will take you to a third-party e-commerce site. These sites are not operated by the Los Angeles Times. The Times Editorial staff is not involved in any way with Green Links or with these third-party sites.