The first bald eagle hatched in captivity at the San Diego Zoo in 32 years died of a bacterial infection. Zoo spokesman Jeff Jouett said the eaglet, found dead Sunday, had a greatly enlarged spleen, a usual reaction to bacterial infection. Jouett said the zoo had been feeding it mice and chicken parts, but apparently the bird was not receiving much nourishment from what it ate. Jouett said the bird was 10 days old when it died, but weighed little more than it had at birth. Normally, eaglets double their birth weight in the first 10 days of life, he said.