The Region

Rum exploded as it was poured on a flaming beef dish at a Corona restaurant table, seriously burning a man and his son. Harold Gotts, 40, suffered second- and third-degree burns on his face, arms and chest. David Gotts, 9, had second-degree burns on his face and arms, said Corona Fire Capt. Randy Hoggard. The victims, both Corona residents, were in stable condition at UC Irvine Medical Center. The accident at the Chuck Wagon Cafe occurred when a flaming dish was brought to the table and 151-proof rum was poured on it by a restaurant employee, Hoggard said.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
68°