The Region

A 75-year-old Westminster man died in a fire that engulfed his bed. William Graham may have been smoking in bed when the fire broke out shortly after 1 a.m. at his home in the 14100 block of Elystan St., Battalion Chief Glenn Hines said. Graham's wife Frances "found him screaming in bed," Hines said. "She attempted to put the fire out, called for help and one of the neighbors came over," The neighbor also tried put out the fire, but it was finally extinguished by a fire engine crew. The fire, which was confined to an area around the bed, caused an estimated $9,500 damage, Hines said.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
62°