Advertisement

Schoolgirls Made Ill by Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide from a faulty heating system made 14 sixth-grade schoolgirls ill in a cabin at the Cuyamaca Outdoor School at Cuyamaca Rancho State Park Tuesday.

The students, age 11 to 12, were from Twin Peaks Middle School in Poway, San Luis Rey School in the Oceanside School District and Bostonia School in Cajon Valley, according to school officials.

There were 49 youngsters and a counselor in the cabin. All were taken first to AMI Valley Medical Center in El Cajon and then to Grossmont Hospital.


Advertisement