Chief of Tulsa Firm Joins Western Digital Board of Directors
George L. Bragg has joined Western Digital Corp.'s board of directors.
Bragg is chairman and president of Boston Street Capital, a management and investment consulting firm in Tulsa, Okla., and former chairman of the board and chief executive of Sooner Federal Savings & Loan Assn.
He is also the former president and chief operating officer of Telex Corp.
Western Digital is an Irvine-based computer products company.
Larry Tenney has been appointed vice president, public affairs, for Nelson/Ralston/Robb Communications in Costa Mesa. He was previously account group manager for the public relations, marketing and advertising agency.
Sher Moeller has been promoted to the newly created position of director of stores for Wet Seal, the Irvine-based women’s clothing chain. She was previously regional manager of the company’s Florida stores.
Larry Goebel has been named vice president, service assurance for Prudential Real Estate Affiliates Inc., the Costa Mesa-based real estate franchise subsidiary of Prudential Insurance Co. Goebel joined the company in September, 1987, and was named vice president and regional manager for the western region later that year.
K. R. Steinberg has been appointed vice president of finance for the California division of Arvida Co., a developer of residential and recreational communities. Previously, Steinberg was vice president of finance for Arvida’s Palm Beach division. The company’s Southern California headquarters are in Coto de Caza.
* Thomas B. Ryan Jr. has been appointed vice president of marketing for Hyundai Motor America in Fountain Valley. He was formerly director of advertising and marketing for Michelin Tire Corp. in Greenville, S.C. Ryan also worked at Ford Motor Co. for 20 years, where he held a variety of management positions for the Lincoln-Mercury division.
* Edward Edelstein has been named vice president of sales for Southwest Diversified Inc.'s Orange and Los Angeles counties division. Before joining the Irvine developer of homes and planned communities, Edelstein was vice president of sales and marketing for Watt Homes San Diego Inc.
Before that, he was vice president of sales for Fredricks Development Corp. of California.
* Joyce Ziemer-Lowder, former director of corporate communications for the Koll Co., has established her own firm, the Lowder Group, in Irvine. She had been with the Koll Co. since 1979. Before that she held marketing and administrative positions with architectural and development firms in Phoenix.
* E. Lesley Martin has joined Wet Seal, the Irvine-based chain of junior women’s fashion stores, in the new position of director of marketing. She had previously been senior account supervisor for Stoorza Ziegaus & Metzger, a San Diego public relations agency.
* Paul Scott has been appointed general manager of the Hyatt Regency Alicante in Garden Grove. He was formerly general manager of the Hyatt Edgewater in Long Beach. A 13-year veteran of Hyatt Hotels, Scott has also held management positions at the Hyatt Regency Dallas, the Hyatt Regency Chicago and the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort.