What Was Learned
* The AirLand battle doctrine initially worked out by U.S. strategists for use by NATO against Soviet forces passed - its first test in actual wartime conditions--spectacularly.
* A battle mockup discovered behind enemy lines shows that Iraqi forces anticipated an allied amphibious landing and deployed their forces to stop it--indicating that U.S. efforts to deceive the enemy strategically were successful.
What is still Unknown:
* How to obtain speedy battle-damage reports in the face of bad weather and heavy smoke-damage.
* Why the allies were unable or unwilling to silence Baghdad Radio.
* Whether the Iraqis' unused coastal defenses in Kuwait were any better than their land defenses.