ST. PATRICK’S DAY FESTIVITIES
Hollywood’s 1991 St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held Saturday. * Parade will begin at 1 p.m.
* Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from 12:45 to 3:15 p.m.
* Starting point is Sycamore Avenue; finish is at Vine Street.
* More than 4,000 people are expected to participate.
* Between 60,000 to 70,000 are expected to attend.
* Grand marshals will be Gerald McRaney (star of TV’s “Major Dad”), Mayor Tom Bradley and Irish Deputy Prime Minister John Wilson.
* After the parade, from 3 to 6 p.m., “The Shamrock Bash” will be held at the Roosevelt Hotel, 7000 Hollywood Blvd. This party is open to the public.
Century City will hold its 8th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday. * Parade will begin at noon.
* Starting point is on Century Park East, near Constellation, moving north to Little Santa Monica Boulevard, west to Avenue of the Stars and south to Galaxy Way. The route is about 1 mile and the parade will last about an hour.
* About 5,000 people are expected to attend.
* Streets will be blocked off from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* The Department of Traffic will allow only residents to enter condominium complexes on Avenue of the Stars during the hours that streets are blocked off.
* After the parade, the public is invited to attend the “Irish Fest” at the Century City Shopping Center and Marketplace and a party at Cafe Rodeo in the Beverly Rodeo Hotel.