Egg hunts, a tea party, storytelling and a 5K fun stride-bunny hop are among the festivities planned for this holiday weekend in North County
* Three days of Easter events are scheduled at Inn L'Auberge in Del Mar.
Easter apparel for children and adults will be showcased at a fashion show and tea from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday. Sylvia Selby will be on hand to teach children the art of "taking tea." Cost is $7.95. For reservations, call the Inn's restaurant, 259-1515.
The Inn also will host a free Easter egg coloring contest, followed by a tea party with storytelling from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. The tea party is $7.95; call the Inn's restaurant for reservations.
On Easter Sunday at 1 p.m. there will be a free egg hunt. The Easter Bunny will pose for pictures and hand out goodies.
* A 5K stride and 5K run to benefit the Helen Woodward Animal Center will begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday at the center, 6525 Calle del Nido, Rancho Santa Fe.
Walkers and runners who wear their fanciest Easter bonnet will be eligible for prizes. Cost of the walk is $15; $16 for the run. All entrants will receive a Bunny Hop T-shirt.
Dogs are welcome on the walk, but must be licensed and vaccinated. For information, call the center, 756-4117, Ext. 265.
The center's annual Easter hunt for children 10 years and under begins at 1 p.m. Saturday at the center. Children are asked to bring their own basket to collect goodies. To register, call 756-4117.
* Escondido's Parks and Recreation Department is sponsoring an Easter egg hunt for children 1 to 8 years old, beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday at Kit Carson Park's adult softball complex, 3333 Bear Valley Parkway. Hunts will be staggered by age groups.
Children under 2 will visit the "Bunny Booth" instead of participating in a hunt. Admission is free, but children should bring their own baskets to collect goodies. For information, call 741-4691.
* A country egg hunt will take place from 11 a.m. to dusk Saturday at Sherrill's Country Store, on California 78 across from Dudley's Bakery in Santa Ysabel. Children are needed to find 1,500 eggs that will be hidden on the store's property. Free.
* A children's egg hunt and family potluck will follow the 10 a.m. Easter service Sunday at Seaside Church of Religious Science, 312 S. Cedros Ave., Solana Beach. Admission free, but bring a dish for the potluck. Call 481-1792.
* Candy, prizes and the Easter bunny will be part of a free egg hunt for children ages 1-12, beginning at 10 a.m. Sunday at John Landes Park and North River Road Park in Oceanside.