Winter Vacation Classes--The Oak Canyon Nature Center in Anaheim is taking reservations for its winter vacation nature classes for children. The sessions are designed for children ages 6 to 10 who are on winter break from school and want to learn more about their environment.
Class activities will include nature hikes on the center’s trails, games, crafts, activity sheets and live animal demonstrations.
The following is a list of the topics to be covered in each class session:
* “Wet and Wonderful Water,” to be offered Dec. 23
* “Camouflaged Critters,” Dec. 26
* “Wizards of Weather,” Dec. 27
* “Dry and Dusty Deserts,” Dec. 30
* “Nature Detectives Discovering Oak Canyon,” Jan. 2
* “Seashores, Shells and Seals,” Jan. 3
* “Wetlands: Nature’s Nurseries,” Jan. 6
* “Earth’s Cleanup Crew,” Jan. 9
* “Star Search,” Jan. 10
Each class session will be from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Parents can sign their children up for as many sessions as they like.
The fee is $7.50 for each session. Preregistration is advised, because class size is limited to 25 students.
Parents may register their children at the center, at 6700 Walnut Canyon Road in Anaheim, or by mail via the Anaheim Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Room 433, Anaheim, Calif. 92805.
For more information, call the center at (714) 998-8380.